Become a member of the AFI Backlot — an exclusive networking platform designed to connect AFI alumni and assist in networking and professional development.
Here are just some of the benefits of the AFI Backlot:
- Connect and interact with other AFI alumni.
- Access aggregated resources and relevant filmmaking articles. Also, share useful tools with fellow alumni.
- Find updates on AFI events (such as film screenings and crowdfunding campaigns). You can also add your own events.
- Access thousands of job listings, including those available exclusively on the Backlot.
- Become a mentor to a current Fellow or find a mentor for yourself, no matter where you are on your career path.
If you haven’t yet signed up for the Backlot, make sure to register today.
AFI CONSERVATORY ONLINE THEATER
The AFI Conservatory Online Theater is an archive of the final short films made by alumni of the AFI Conservatory and the AFI Directing Workshop for Women. Films are now available for download ($1.99) and weeklong rentals ($0.99) on AFI.com.
A new co-writing space in the heart of the Culver City Arts District, Writers Blok provides structure, support, and community for writers. Modeled after a gym or a yoga studio, their dedicated writing space is available for writing sessions seven days a week. If you’re looking for a place to get work done where you’ll also find a great community of writers: you’re in luck. Writers Blok is offering a free session to AFI alumni.
Need to find film-friendly locations in the Los Angeles area? Visit Giggster.com to search and book diverse commercial, residential and studio locations.
Kitsplit is a community of tens of thousands of vetted filmmakers and production companies renting gear to and from each other. It has been called “the AirBNB for creative equipment” by Forbes and Fast Company. Kitsplit invites AFI alumni to join as LA Founding Members and list gear with exclusive benefits. Those who reach out in August will receive free concierge service — email your gear list to email@example.com and mention AFI. To receive 20% off your first rental, sign up for KitSplit and use exclusive code AFI15 at checkout.
LEF Moving Image Fund: Pre-Production — deadline June 7
IDFA Bertha Fund — deadline June 10
NEH Digital Projects for the Public — deadline June 12
ScreenCraft Film Production Fund — deadline June 30 (final)
National Endowment for the Arts: Art Works — deadline July 11
Sundance Creative Distribution Fellowship — open until full
Catapult Film Fund — ongoing
Cinereach Grants — ongoing
Film Independent AbelCine Camera Grant — rolling
Film Independent Fiscal Sponsorship — rolling
Firelight Media Producers’ Lab — rolling
The Fledgling Fund — ongoing
Ford Foundation: JustFilms — ongoing
Hot Docs Ted Rogers Fund — rolling
ITVS Open Call — ongoing
Jerome Foundation Grant Programs — ongoing
Kaleidoscope — rolling
Merge AR VR Developer Fund — rolling
NewFilmmakers Los Angeles — ongoing
nextPix/firstPix Crowd Funding Grants — ongoing
OSVR Developer Fund — rolling
Panavision New Filmmaker Program — ongoing
Sundance Documentary Fund — ongoing
Visions Sud Est Fund — ongoing
World Cinema Fund: Distribution — ongoing
Did you know that, as an alumnus, you receive lifetime borrowing privileges from the Louis B. Mayer Library? Library accounts for AFI Conservatory Alumni and DWW Alumnae are complimentary and include the following services based on availability:
- Facility access to the Louis B. Mayer Library and the Computer Lab
- Borrowing of circulating material, up to three (3) items at a time regardless of format
- Use of non-circulating Library materials
- On-site access to Thesis, Cycle, and DWW films
- Remote access to the Library online catalog, LibraryWorld
- Use of Library and Computer Lab hardware and software
- Access can be requested from Library or Computer Lab Staff
- Priority will be given to current Fellows
- In-person reference assistance
- Access to electronic resources (only available on Library computers)
Important note: Photo identification must be presented when borrowing Library materials. Use of printers in the Library and the Computer Lab is prohibited.
Alumni also receive discounted rental rates for screening rooms on the AFI Campus. Learn more about all of the exclusive benefits and special discounts that come with being an AFI alumnus.
UTA ENTERTAINMENT JOB LIST
The UTA Job List is refreshed weekly. Simply bookmark the link below or reference the newsletter and use it whenever you wish to view the updated list.
CLICK HERE FOR JOB LIST
NOTE: The UTA Job List is intended for the personal use of its recipients. Posting of this list or any information derived from the list on any website or message board in its entirety or in part without the express written permission of the list administrator is neither permitted nor within the spirit of the efforts put into its creation. All rights are reserved. ©2019
OTHER JOB RESOURCES
AFI Backlot — Log in and click on Jobs to search and to view exclusive opportunities for AFI alumni